The application for Intramural NIAID Research Opportunities (INRO) 2022 is now open through November 22, 2021!
This is an outstanding post-baccalaureate opportunity at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID).
Applicants eligible for INRO are talented graduating seniors (bachelor’s or master’s) or those who have recently completed an undergraduate or master’s degree. Through INRO, the NIAID training office sponsors post-baccalaureate trainees from U.S. populations underrepresented in the biomedical sciences and those dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion (Notice of NIH's Interest in Diversity). Individuals from underrepresented populations and/or disadvantaged backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
· More information can be found on our website: https://www.niaid.nih.gov/about/inro
· Learn about the INRO experience in our latest INRO Spotlight featuring Mathieu Perez
Those selected for INRO will participate in a two-day event in February 2022 and meet with potential mentors to discuss training opportunities in allergic, immunologic, and infectious disease research. If offered a position in an NIAID laboratory, the student will be supported for a 1-year postbaccalaureate Intramural Research Training Award (IRTA) starting June 13, 2022.
· United States citizen or permanent resident
· Graduating senior (undergraduate or master's program) or have recently completed an undergraduate or master's degree
· GPA of 3.2 or higher and in good academic standing
· Available for a one-year postbac fellowship in NIAID that begins on June 13, 2022